Trying to save a Zero

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Curioso

Group

Status

Placed the winning bid on this salvage auction Zero in earlier this year. It's a 2010 model with only 4300km on the clock. I don't know what has happened to the car or what caused the windscreen and the plexiglass on the roof to be broken. Turning the key on did not do anything. Measuring the cell voltages I found the cell number 13 completely dead with no hope of rescue at 0.0 volts. The dc/dc converter is dead too, is that common to happen? I "jump started" the car with external 12v power supply and got it to turn on.

After a little thinking I decided to replace all the batteries. Someone had already replaced cells from the first battery bank, there were grey 180aH CALB cells, and 1 unknown cell with same format as the Winston yellow cell just with blue case on it. I bought 24 new Envision 305aH B-grade cells from nkon and installed them hoping the car would come to life.

With fixed batteries I am getting Motor current offset fault to fix this the Tazzari service told me to ship the controller to them for reprogram and hope for the best. I should probably check that the motor is ok with another controller. Ordered a VESC based STR-500 controller from Trampaboards that should be beefy enough for this project and I can program it myself in the future. Installing a real BMS as well because the car can't protect the battery it seems.

Where can I buy a new windscreen for my car? I have filled the form on the Tazzari website to access the service area with no luck, there is field on the form Codice Fiscale which I don't have as a non Italian.

2.     Like  

Utente Economy

Group

Status
    I have almost finished the same operation. it is important that the batteries are guaranteed with a discharge of at least 1.5c. fortunately mine only has a BMS problem but the rest is working.. second problem the first Tazzari were set with the charger at 4.15v, too much for the calbs

3.     Like  

Utente a 6V

Group

Status
    Original Tazzari has 160ah cells ,over double ah cells mounted you are looking at trippel charging time with the OEM charger .
    Send a Mail to :[email protected] and request a password .
    Main card ,motor controller,bms system talk together to start your Tazzari Zero classic .If you change or has error signal to the motor controller ,it wont start .

4.     Like  

Utente a 6V

Group

Status
    The 12vDC/DC innverter is sensitive to under/over current ,it need 70-80v on the IN line. If you have this ,it is broke .If you dont have power ,the main board and the motor controller for some reason dont send the 70-80v to the DC/DC innverter .Be sure to unplug fuse 1 and 2 ,disconnect all 7 (4) BMS and unplug the grey anderson socket on the charger .If you already put battery in and not have this connected ,you most likely broke something

3 replies since 16/3/2024, 18:14   105 views